Metro Detroit Events Calendar
upcoming events in Southeast Michigan
- Holiday Merriment & Makers Market - vendors, studio tours, food trucks. Ponyride Studios, Friday, December 12, 2014
- Tinsel & Treasures Holiday Market - Northville Community Center, December 12-14, 2014
- GRAND OPENING - HopCat Detroit - new craft brew bar and restaurant, opening Saturday morning with a world record-setting 120-tap takeover by Shorts Brewing Co. and free orders of its signature Crack Fries all day. Free concert at 8 pm. Saturday, December 13, 2014
- Big Holiday Biergarten @ The Fisher Building - family-friendly celebration of local beer, small business holiday shopping & Detroit history inside the historic Fisher Building. This event is completely free & open to the public of all ages. Saturday, December 13, 2014
- 1st Annual Santa Hat Hustle - The streets of Downtown Royal Oak will be lined with festive holiday runners, walkers, their familes and cheering supporters. Everyone is welcome! Main street will be converted to a winter wonderland with Santa and all his friends, Reindeer, Snowmen, Christmas Trees & More - Saturday, December 13, 2014
- Holiday Ice Festival - Downtown Ferndale, Saturday, December 13, 2014
- Santa Pub Crawl - Downtown Royal Oak, Saturday, December 13, 2014
- Merry Market - a unique selection of high quality items from local and regional vendors, in the fun and festive atmosphere of The Detroit Mercantile Co., Eastern Market, Saturday, December 13 and Sunday, December 14, 2014
- Menorah in the D - community-wide menorah lighting event, free concert by Soulfarm. Along with the menorah lighting ceremony and concert, there will be lots of family fun including strolling jugglers and acrobats, roasting marshmallows, pose with the Detroit Mascot Paws, as well as a free food court - Campus Martius Park, Downtown Detroit, Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 5-7 pm
- Meadow Brook Hall Holiday Walk - 43rd annual Holiday Walk at this 110-room Turdor-revival style mansion all aglow with historic and holiday treasure, Meadow Brook Estate, Rochester, daily through December 23, 2014
- Wayne County Lightfest - features more than 47 giant animated holiday themed displays. Enter at Hines Drive and Merriman Road in Westland and exit onto Warren Avenue near Telegraph. The address for the Lightfest is 7651 Merriman Road in Westland. There is a $5 fee per vehicle to enter the Lightfest. Toy Night Tuesdays are November 25, December 2, 9 and 16; on these nights, the community is invited to bring a new, unwrapped toy in lieu of the $5 vehicle fee. Toys will be donated to the Wayne County Family Center. Lightfest will be open November 20 through December 31 (closed December 25) from 7-10 p.m. Monday - Thursday and 6-10 p.m. Friday - Sunday.
- The Big, Bright Light Show - The buildings in downtown Rochester will be covered with more than 1 million points of glimmering holiday light.
The Big, Bright Light Show will debut on November 24 during Lagniappe at 7:00 pm. The display will be lit every evening (5 pm – Midnight) from November 24 through January 4, 2015. Most stores are open Monday – Saturday, until 9 pm.
- Wild Lights at The Detroit Zoo - take in the lights and the sights and enjoy holiday entertainment and activities for guests of all ages, December 11-14, 18-23 and 26-31, 2014
- Plymouth Ice Festival - Downtown Plymouth, January 9-11, 2015
- North American International Auto Show - Cobo
Press Preview - January 12-13, 2015
Industry Preview - January 14-15, 2015
Charity Preview - January 16, 2015
Public Show - January 17-25, 2015