Metro Detroit Events Calendar
upcoming events in Southeast Michigan
- 2018 General Election - Please VOTE on Tuesday, November 6.
Click here to view your sample ballot and find your polling place.
- "Prismatica" - Twenty-five pivoting, 6-foot-tall prisms make up a traveling public art installation called Prismatica, which is being held at Beacon Park located at Grand River and Cass. The free participatory exhibit launched in Beacon Park on October 14 and will remain open until Sunday, Nov. 18. Visitors can walk among the prisms to see city life in every color of the spectrum and turn the prisms to make the colors dance. Beacon Park, Detroit, now through Sunday, Nov. 18
- Ruck March 22 - March, run or walk the 5K course through three communities with 22 items or 22 pounds of non-perishable food or personal items. For this event, we are asking participants to carry at least 22 pounds or 22 items. Why 22? On average, 22 veterans commit suicide in the United States.
ALL monies from entry fees will be donated to the Michigan WWII Legacy Memorial. Food and other items will go to Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 154. You can choose to start/finish in Ferndale, Hazel Park or Royal Oak. Each city will have fun activities and challenges. Saturday, November 10, 2018.
- Wayne County Lightfest - Lightfest features more than 47 giant animated displays and more than one million lights!
Join us for the LIGHTS ON CEREMONY on Thursday, November 15 at 6:00 PM as we kick off the 25th Anniversary of the Lightfest with music, refreshments and fireworks!
The fee for Lightfest is $5.00 cash per vehicle.
The entrance is on Merriman Road between Ann Arbor Trail and Warren Avenue in Westland. The address is 7651 Merriman Road in Westland. Lightfest will be open nightly from November 15 - December 31 from 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Monday - Friday and 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday.
Stop by the Santa Shelter for photos with Santa and refreshments from November 16 through December 23, 2018.
Holiday Home Tour 2018 -
fundraiser for the Northville Community Foundation. Five beautiful, privately owned homes decorated top to bottom for the holidays! Tour gorgeous Northville homes while also finding inspiration for decorating your home for the holidays! November 16-17, 2018
- Wild Lights at The Detroit Zoo - For 24 nights, more than five million LED lights will illuminate trees, buildings and 265 sculptures – more than 220 of which are animals – throughout the front half of the Zoo. Experience the magic of the Detroit Zoo in winter as you take in the lights and the sights and enjoy holiday entertainment and special activities for guests of all ages. Children younger than 2 are admitted free. Detroit Zoo, Royal Oak, November 17 - December, 31, 2018
- America’s Thanksgiving Parade® presented by Art Van - Every year since 1924, thousands of Parade spectators line historic Woodward Avenue Thanksgiving morning to watch the larger than life floats, colorful helium-filled balloons, thunderous marching bands, and exciting specialty acts! Thursday, November 23, 2018
- Downtown Rochester Kris Kringle Market - The Downtown Rochester Kris Kringle Market was inspired by the 700-year old tradition of the open-air Christmas markets throughout Europe. The event will feature one-of-a-kind shopping, specialty foods, fresh greens & wreaths and handcrafted gifts for the holiday. The event will be located on W. Fourth Street (between Walnut & Main). Friday, Nov 30 - Saturday, Dec 1, 2018